Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-08-2007 , 03:32 AM
Subscriber

3d stereoscopic movies

hey watsup,
I just came back from this 3d stereoscopic movie and it was amazing. You know the kind where you were those polarized glasses (at least for my case it wasn't the red and blue ones and all the colors were shown) and you see the actual dept in the film. I've been to them before but this time was so cool. It was called "attack of the dinosaurs" and the dinosaurs really look like they are right in front of you. And even though the texturing and animations weren't that good I actually felt like I really was in the scenes of the movie and it was an amazing experience. Have any of you guys ever worked on a movie like that? I think I'm gonna buy a bunch of those glasses and make a short flik rendered like that. from what I read it seems to be pretty easy to do. They say you just have to render 2 cameras(simulating our two eyes) side by side.

Last edited by danotronXX; 25-08-2007 at 01:21 PM.
# 2 28-08-2007 , 07:29 AM
In maya 6 killer tips it goes over how to render like that

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 29-08-2007 , 09:34 AM
Subscriber
yea after I saw that 3d movie I remembered reading a section about it on that book. So the first I did when I got home was pull it out from the shelve and re-read it.