Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-08-2010 , 11:03 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Lord Voldemort

I am not sure I will even finish this one ( probably I will, but not now user added image ).

But I just saw the trailer of the last installment of the harry Potter saga and I thought of a model I had made during a competition I entered here a while ago and wanted to test out if I could do better now....

Judge for yourself below

The trailer looks briljant by the way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EC2tmFVNNE

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 16-08-2010 , 07:12 AM
Lifetime Member
Looks good mate...does his neck perhaps be a little too long??? or is it the angle of the shot?

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 16-08-2010 , 04:14 PM
EduSciVis-er
Is this the old one or this an updated model? Looks good either way.

# 4 16-08-2010 , 05:07 PM
Hi guys

Yes bullet his neck is a bit longer I did that on purpose back then, thinking it would enhance the model making it more snakelike, not to sure about that now, I have to finish the model properly in order to judge if the surreal look fits over anatomically correct.

you see the goal is more or less the same as I had back then, I want to make a hybrid between book and movie voldemort, making him recognizeable through the movies but also something you picture yourself when you read the book....If you catch my drift...

And Stwert especially for you the embarassement I tried to pass through as lord Voldemort back then user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 21-08-2010 , 10:20 PM
I have done some colorgrading in PS I think he looks to " healthy" at the moment for lack of a better word .
I also did some previz stuff to get a bit of a feel on how to progress, I especially like the nostril paintover this shouldn't be much trouble in Zbrush.
What will be quite the effort are the eyes these ones I photoshopped in from reference, but I really want to make them 3D, I know in the book he is depicted as having slits like a snake, but I agree with Ralph fiennes that some humanity still needs to be visible in order to engage the viewer with a character.

Previzing like this makes life a lot easier I can tell you , because when you have a plan progress tends to go a lot quicker versus diving right in to the meat and potatoes

Le me know what you guys think

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mastone; 21-08-2010 at 10:51 PM.
# 6 22-08-2010 , 01:24 AM
Lifetime Member
He certainly looks good mate..the eyes look good. Its hard to tell from the net images but does his skin have a greenish tone to it??? ( I should know my kids have watched them all 50 million times). The only thing the images seem to have are veins showing through...are you going for those as well (i.e colour)?

Other than that it looks pretty damn good mate...well done

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes