Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-05-2003 , 01:54 AM

Posting an image

I wish to ask how to post an image when using the forums. I already know to atach a file (I already posted an .mb file), but I don't know how to capture only an image from Maya software, as I see everybody doing.

Thanks

Mário.

:bgreen:
# 2 14-05-2003 , 02:03 AM
Subscriber
Well,
You can do a screen capture of your scene. Then you can upload it using the attach section on the bottom of the page when posting. click on the browse button and find your image which should be in .jpg form

Hope this helps,
George

God Bless you and 3D
# 3 14-05-2003 , 02:04 AM
To post an image you can do it one of 2 ways:

1. The same way you atached the .mb file.

or

2. To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you can simply surround the address of the image with the "[img]" tag.

Check this page for more help:
https://forums.simplymaya.com/misc.ph...bbcode#buttons

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 14-05-2003 , 02:08 AM
When in Maya, hit the PrintScreen key in your keyboard.
This will capture your current screen, and paste it into the clipboard. Then it´s just a matter of opening Photoshop* or any photo-editing software and pasting this image for further retouching and saves.

*One advantage of Photoshop above almost all other applications is that if you have something in the clipboard and you create a new document (File > New), it´ll create it already with the clipboard´s image size. So if you took a screencapture with a 640 x 480 screensize, then your new file will have such sizes.

Last edited by adldesigner; 14-05-2003 at 02:11 AM.
# 5 14-05-2003 , 02:09 AM
LOL, And I thought that you had to battle in the Battle Arena.
Almost each New Post is a battle for the fastest answer. user added image

# 6 14-05-2003 , 02:55 AM
That's awful: in the computer I work there's no photoshop to use and the only program to edit images is the IMAGING PREVIEW, in wich I can only generate 1280x1024 imgs. Think there is no way in posting that size, right? If occurs to you another way...
Besides, I suppose posting my mb files eveytime I need help isn't a good idea, isn't it?

To Adl: I didn't understand what you meant with the battle arena. What are you asking me to do?

Thx everyone.

Mário.

# 7 14-05-2003 , 03:09 AM
Why don´t you try out Mihov Image Resizer 0.7 for resizing those images and even jpg-encoding the files?

It might prove to be a solution for you, as 1280x1024 are certainly quite big on the average monitor size many of us run with.

My comment has to do with the fact that all of the replies came with a 5 minutes difference, almost a battle for the first answer, lol.

# 8 14-05-2003 , 03:39 AM
Sorry, I work at a computer I'm not allowed to install anything.
Btw, you say everyone is running fast to answer the posts - it seems that's the idea of this site: be cool to everyone and help everybody so you can win those points... Lucky mine...

Thx

Mário.

# 9 14-05-2003 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber
Hey said, are you sure you do not have paint on your computer? If you do what i would do is take a print screen while in 800x600 resolution.. this way the image will be 800x600.... which is an acceptable size. Then go into paint (for windows) and paste it into there.. save it as a jpeg or gif. This should work, hopefully you do have paint user added image. If not the only other thing i can think of is using a camera and taking a picture of your screen user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 10 14-05-2003 , 04:07 AM
Adl, LOL!!!

like I said, great minds think alikeuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com