Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-10-2003 , 06:56 AM

foggy day lighting

does anybody know how to simulate the lighting of a foggy day, either with the maya render or mental ray? any help would be much appreciated
here's a reference pic, the fog itself is not important, but the lighting is

Attached Images
File Type: bmp fog.bmp (1,012.6 KB, 246 views)
# 2 21-10-2003 , 04:03 PM
Subscriber
Might want to look into using light fog. maya renderer does it pretty good. mental ray does it better but has a whole lot of variables to get it to even show up.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 22-10-2003 , 08:36 AM
well, here's my attempt, done with Mental Ray, please tell me how I can improve user added image

# 4 23-10-2003 , 05:55 AM
well, this is a software render, done with raytraced shadows, and about 10 or so directional lights. I think it turned out better than what I got with Mental Ray, especially the shadows on the ground, but it takes about 20 minutes to render a single frame, without textures, motion blur or movement. please, tell me what you think and how I can improve
user added image

# 5 23-10-2003 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber
IMHO i think the mental ray picture turned out better. when i look at the image i see that the T rex needs noise to match the background. so, you might want to look into doing the composite in photoshop instead of doing it directly in maya.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>