Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 31-10-2002 , 07:23 AM

Maya 4.5 Beta

A friend at work said he would sell (we are working on him "giving" me) his copy of Maya 4.5 Beta 2.

How stable is Beta 2? I don't know if it is legal for him to give (or sell) Beta software, but I can't really afford the full price.

Any thoughts? Has anyone worked with Beta 2? Does it include the Fluid Effects? Will it work with MentalRay?

# 2 31-10-2002 , 08:35 AM
Kevin
please dont double post

closing thread user added image

# 3 01-11-2002 , 04:51 PM
SM Tea Boy
Hey all:

please note ...here is a mail we received from alais wavefront:

Please inform users that Beta licenses of Maya are for our Beta test sites only and should NEVER be used under any circumstances outside the compnay who is testing. It is illegal to sell software as a company only purchases the right to use to to resell - even moreso with Beta software. We will take legal action if we can locate this person.

-----------------------------------

so all take note! NO ILLEGAL OR BETA TALK will be tolarated unless you are an official alias beta tester!-

Accounts will be suspended!

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 01-11-2002 , 06:00 PM
Well, I guess that answers my question - Thanks for leaving no room to Misinterpretation user added image

# 5 01-11-2002 , 06:10 PM
Thanks to all the people who PM'd me and informed me of the bad things that could come of this.

# 6 01-11-2002 , 06:28 PM
Kevin
No problem robinmthomas. If you didn’t know then you can’t be blamed, at least you had the decency to ask