Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-05-2012 , 10:08 PM
Lifetime Member

Problem Compositing in After Effects

Hey All,

I know this isn't a Maya question but I have no where else to go...hope someone can help.

I've created an animation and am in the composting stage. I have 200 frames at 25fps. Logic tells me that it should last for 8 seconds, however when I put my frames into a new composition in after effects it only plays out for 6 seconds. I've set my playback speed to 25fps in the composition settings window and still it plays back faster than it should.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm using Maya 2012 and CS5.

thanks,

-j

# 2 27-05-2012 , 02:30 AM
Lifetime Member
I had this problem and I THINK I just adjusted the playback speed iin AE until it looked right. I cant remember what else I did mate...sorry...not much help.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 29-05-2012 , 03:40 AM
Try right mouse button over the movie clip in the project window and look for 'Interpret Footage' you can change the frame rate for the actual item there.

This setting and your comp setting should be the same.

Also check the actual animation setting in Maya or whatever you used. You may have rendered out at 30 frames per second or something, render out image sequences also.

The simplest way is to load your footage into AE, and then drag that footage down onto the little COMP icon at the bottom of the project window, this creates a comp that matches the footage exactly.

Last edited by djwaterman; 29-05-2012 at 03:45 AM.
# 4 31-05-2012 , 07:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks mate, worked like a charm. Just had to adjust it under interpret footage. It was set at 30fps.