Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-03-2006 , 06:57 PM

Help..error message wen rendering!

my scene is now more complex and evry time i try and render my image...it comes up...

ERROR: Free Memory is low. Memory exception is thrown.

any ideas wat this means and wat i can do about it.

pc is not particularly powerful and has a bog standard graphics chip...i know its the pc but just wondered if there is any way of utilising it better.

# 2 17-03-2006 , 05:01 PM
during rendering process only CPU and RAM is important.

in case

Free Memory is low

you might buy some more ram or increase your virtual memory. rightclick System, hit properties > advanced > SystemOptions (first button).

to change the size of your virtual memory hit > Change

here you have a list of your harddisc volumes. I have a single partition just for my system´s pagefile. by selecting a volume it is active for changing the settings below. I use 4095 for both min and max. by default your system creates a dynamic pagefile on C:\ which is about your RAM size + 20% for max. giving it a static size like 4095 - 4095 prevents your pagefile from being fragmented. now restart your system.

don´t know if I´ve translated vocabularies in correct way, cause my system is german_language.

hope it helped you tho!

edit: better defragment your volume befor applying a new static memory size.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.

Last edited by Falott; 17-03-2006 at 05:04 PM.