Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-09-2007 , 12:59 AM

UVmap not showing

Hi everone, I'm having a hard time with a UV map for a character's clothing. I made a character, UV mapped it, and extruded the faces around the arms, legs, torso, and feet for polygon clothing. Then I made a duplicate of the clothing around the charcater, moved the duplucate out of the way, and deleted the clothing mesh faces on the character. I did this so I could UV map the clothing separately from the character, and that's what I did. But, when I applied the UV map material to each piece of clothing (shirt, pants, shoes), all I saw on my clothing meshes was grey stripes, and not my UV maps. If someone could tell me what's going on here, and please help me fix it, that would be great.

Thanks very much!
- Tammy

I have attached an image in a zip file for anyone to look at, so they can get an idea of what i'm doing, and to show them what the problem looks like.

Attached Files
File Type: zip uvmap problem image.zip (23.4 KB, 175 views)
# 2 12-09-2007 , 07:07 AM
Well you should be able to see/change what UV that is assigned to a model by looking in the relationship editor, or something similar. Sadly I dont know the name and path to it right now but I can look it up when I get home from work. user added image

(Think it might be somewhere under window tho.)