Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-12-2007 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber

center of gravity test?

It seems like a weird question but I was wondering if there was a way to test an objects center of gravity within maya, to see if it's balanced correctly or not? I thought of this question after looking at bankstas microphone W.I.P. and just had to ask out of curiosity.

# 2 27-12-2007 , 04:36 AM
Ok i Make a poly plane , 1 little cube , 1 big cube like this

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 27-12-2007 , 04:39 AM
Ok then i select the poly plane .. and the little cube and Click on the Icon in Red !? don't know how the function call ...

After i set this function to the poly plane and little cube, I add a gravity field to the big gube ... see in top view for the center .. place it up the little cube and press start to start the frame line .. and you will see it is balanced ... move it right .. press again play .. and you will see it will fall on right

P.S if this is the effect you are looking for ... ( Just a simple sceane you can use it for some complex user added image )

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 27-12-2007 , 03:49 PM
Basiclly set your ground with that function in red :blush:

And set a gravity field to your object user added image

# 5 27-12-2007 , 06:48 PM
I thinke maya assumes that the center of garvity is right in the centre of the object, and you can ofset it if you want to make those funkey dice things.

As coldwave described just make a floor as a passive rigid body and the object you want to test as a active with a gravity field and then run the simulation.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 27-12-2007 , 10:28 PM
Subscriber
alright thank you guys for the help

# 7 28-12-2007 , 12:39 AM