Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-11-2010 , 12:58 AM
Lifetime Member

COD Black Ops

has anyone here played it yet?? I havent really seen over the top reviews. I dont want to fork out $100 for something like CODMW2 which only took this old fella 6 hours to whip! No Im not interested in online play....I prefer the lone assasin kinda role...he he he he.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 21-11-2010 , 01:17 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
I know two people that didn't like it. One (claims to have) literally cried because they paid 70 euros for it.
But I think they were mostly interested in online.

# 3 21-11-2010 , 01:20 AM
Lifetime Member
which is about the same as us price wise...sigh...give you the shits buying a game for that much money and you whip it in less than a day...no ref to Black Ops.obviously.

Yeh Im not an online fan elephantic...I play on my lappy and have wireless mobile broadband so I cant anyway...chews through my allowance.

cheers though bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 21-11-2010 , 01:24 AM
Acid44
I haven't played it, but if you look closely at the title you'll notice it has the words "Call of Duty" in it... That says enough for me to avoid it.

# 5 21-11-2010 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
The only comments Ive heard on it are about the multiplayer/online. I dont like cod single player...I spent weeks playing the last one online, but never bothered playing more than a couple of levels of the solo...

# 6 21-11-2010 , 01:57 AM
Lifetime Member
I didnt think COD was too bad acid?? the only thing I DONT like about it is STEAM!!! Made me download 11G of the game! because the disc had errors or some crap. The Gameplay was ok I thought? well it wasnt bad...I dont play online.

Yeh well the single player was too short for me Ben....they cater for online play but not everyone plays online...I will give it a miss then I think

chhers guys

bullet1968

# 7 21-11-2010 , 02:49 AM
The single player has been pretty good so far but I don't think it is very long. Multi is definately this game's selling point.

# 8 21-11-2010 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber
Multiplay has become the selling point for most all games now sadly. There is such a huge market for it now days, that the Game companies completely forget that we who do not like playing multi online exist.
I miss the days of the old Quake games, or Gears of war, where yea, you could play online if you wished..but the game came with 30 plus levels for Single player as well. or maybe it was only 15 levels..but ...it took you 3 hours and 30 trys to get past each of those fifteen levels.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 9 22-11-2010 , 01:33 AM
Acid44
This would be a better series of games.

user added image

[/thread]

# 10 22-11-2010 , 02:55 AM
Subscriber
COD has always pissed me off - and always will. I heard people going on about how real it is but since when have you ever seen solders double jumping around a street under fire and talking out card board training courses out with a knife. The graphics are not all that as well with older games look a good 20% better than the latest offering.

I have yet to find any game that beats unreal tournament for fun online, but even then you could still have an awesome time with that game offline. I will also say I have had some fun with Gears of war online but you`ll still find me playing that single player more. Ghostbusters is fun to play on line if you can find anyone ever playing it.

With the money the COD series charges for there games and the amount it is pulling in you would think they could make a game that lasts more than 5 hours (what my stepdad did this game in - and no he dose not play multi-player ever).

But I am finding many of the games of this gen are stuck in a rut and when something different comes along no one wants to know (Alan wake anyone - 5* game did not sell)

# 11 22-11-2010 , 06:38 AM
Subscriber
Ive always liked call of duty in terms of an atmospheric game, never took it as realistic. Odds are ill wait till this one is in the discount bin though.
In terms of best offline games ive been having fun playing coop with my girlfriend. Gears of War and Resident Evil have been the best so far. Ups the playing hours too cause she never played games till i came along.
What pisses me off is the amount of non-splitscreen games out! What is the point of having a coop game that only allows coop over the internet? For starters it is almsot impossible to get proper internet in rural Australia and besides, Why would i want to play coop with random strangers when there are much more friendly and capable people on the couch with me?!

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 12 22-11-2010 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber
yeah, I agree this whole mutiplayer stuff is getting out of hand,
I mean from what i've heard even games like the new batman arkam city and dead space 2 will have mutiplayer aspects,

what happend to good old fashioned single player campaign that lasted a good while and had a good story?

multipalayer should be an added bonus not the defining element of a game,

and it sadens me, that game studios are pumping this crap out,

# 13 22-11-2010 , 08:20 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by acid44
I haven't played it, but if you look closely at the title you'll notice it has the words "Call of Duty" in it... That says enough for me to avoid it.

second! also it's a multiplayer fps. probably has no replay value and all the kids who play online are just nerds who want to be cool by making fun of each other.

the annoying thing about multiplayer games these days is that you have to be online to play it.
there is no lan in games anymore
no split screen in games anymore
its soooo dumb... it's not even hard to put such things into games either...

i had a lot of fun playing the lego star wars on ps3 (albeit i'm not a star wars fan, but lego... how can it not be fun) and that was two player (could easily have been four player with the amount of characters you can pick).. lots of laughs that.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 14 22-11-2010 , 09:30 PM
Lifetime Member
Yeh g-man you are right...welll all of you, MP is the theme and it shits me.

Acid...all I can say is...bahahahahahahaha I LOVE Carl!

Tweety I hear you...UT was a good FUN game even if it was MP...just get in and run amok. And like your step-Dad...my sons bought CODMW2 for me...expecting and old fella to take weeks..they were most pissed off when I finished that arvo and went out the back to drink more beer and play with the dog (the dog loved the attention)

Some guy- I agree Resident Evil 1 is still hrad to beat for atmosphere and story (thought the graphics suffered but it was new then). And yes I used to have the whole family sit down and watch me play RE like it was a movie or something LOL...good times.

Jali...yep you too are right...when games focus on MP you get pissed off...good old story lines and LONG play times (even for an old bugger like me) are sorely missed.

Chirone..I guess thats why they all go for the MP thing...easy to slap together...no story to worry about mate eh?

Well thanks people...I have my friends here give me what I needed...avoid it..LOL and save my money...sigh, I might have to go back to Silent Hunter III and re-learn how to knock out some shipping eh?

Thanks everyone

bullet

bullet1968

# 15 22-11-2010 , 10:23 PM
EduSciVis-er
Totally agree about the splitscreen... I can't really play computer games with my bro or friends when we're together. With the exception of Worms, which is awesome fun. And older racing games. I suppose it's because with fps, you can't give away your position, but I mean really, with the size of screens nowadays, you'd think there would be more market for local multiplayer.