Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-10-2010 , 05:00 PM
Subscriber

Scaling in Maya

Hi all,
I'm making a model of an apartment based on blueprints and i'd like to do it to scale but i can't really wrap my head around how it works in maya with the grid units and actual real world meters. Basically i want the whole thing to be 13x9 meters so with the settings to meters do the individual grid squares represent 1 meter or 5 meters, tried looking online but ended up more confuseduser added image
Can someone enlighten a noob?

Cheers Brian

# 2 22-10-2010 , 05:38 PM
go on Windows - setting/preferences - preferences

a window should open up, in there go in the setting menu and then in the working unit section where it says linear choose meter........hope this helps

# 3 22-10-2010 , 05:51 PM
Super Moderator
That depends on what your grid looks like, I don't know if you fiddled with grid settings or not, but by default the grid divisions represent 1 unit of measurement. Check the Display section of the Display>Grid options and set "Perspective grid numbers" to "On Axes" just to be sure and maybe even set the grid size and subdivide it the units into something more suitable.

- Genny
# 4 22-10-2010 , 06:20 PM
EduSciVis-er
You can use the create > measuring tools > distance tool to check the actual distance of your objects, or use Ctrl+t to create a bounding box manipulator that will show the actual size (in whatever units you've set).