Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-01-2016 , 10:59 AM

set pivot on lowest vertex

Hi I wanna set pivot on the lowest vertex of an object.So what I wanna do is not that confusing but cause I'm not a programmer I shall ask this so I know that I have to use min command so first how to get all vertex transformation of the object?I mean for getting the transformation of 1 vertex for example vertex 1 I can use this:
string $obj = "myObject";
float $pos[] = `xform -q -ws -t ($obj + ".vtx[1]")`;
So here I wanna get All of vertexes and if I write ($obj + ".vtx") It won't work and errors so I have to first get All of transformations as I think then I use min command like:
min $pos
But again doesn't work cause $pos is all X Y Z but I only want min command for Xs to find the minimum so it won't work another problem is min command works like this:
min -4 -6
/result:-6/
But when I print
print $pos;
I get:
On three separate lines which won't work again plz help me.