Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-07-2005 , 11:12 AM
Subscriber

July/Aug -- Noob -- Bitz

Hello all,

Also new to the Simply Maya community. It even looks like my first post.

So far I've only been busy with modelling. So lightning will be a pain to learn. However I couldn't resist to join the fun and to push myself more. Pressure is lovely if you want to learn new things.

I am gonna go for fear. I want the viewer of the picture to understand that going into a scene like this, would mean immenent death.

My drawing is really terrible so I will soon post a quick 3D scetch here soon. It will be a swamp with fog. Revealing only a bit of the horrors beneath it. Tho, it shows enough to know its a really bad place to party at.

If I have time left I will try to put loathing in it by adding a happening into it. A person getting slowly pulled in the fog as a friend is watching it happen or something like that. Tho I think I will need all the time I can get to get the original picture ready.

# 2 19-07-2005 , 04:39 PM
Subscriber
This should be the setup.

This is just to give some insight on the scene.
First points of attention will be :

1. The tree
2. The water
3. Ground
4. Monster
5. Dangling person

When those are roughly done I will start working on the lighting.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 19-07-2005 , 05:14 PM
Subscriber
and I have no idea how you call the next thing, but its a compilation of items that I found on the internet.

They all relate to the scene one way or another.
Basic categories are : Fog, Creepy Tree, Eyes, Swamp

Attached Thumbnails