Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-09-2006 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber

"Pyramid Head" from the Silent Hill Movie - new WIP

ok, now i want to make a really scary and heavy model.

I've looked Silent Hill last friday and was totaly fascinated from the *pyramid head*
Will start with it today and make his head first. Hope this will work, because he is very heavy to model..... user added image

here is a reference image from him. Maybe some of you has some good tips for me ... hehe

https://www.thelastcandle.net/weblog/.../shm_phead.jpg

Galadiel

Last edited by Galadiel; 04-09-2006 at 05:57 PM.
# 2 03-09-2006 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
-double-

# 3 03-09-2006 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
he's really scary indeed
i wish you goodluck with modeling him user added image
i think he'll look nice once you complete him

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech
# 4 04-09-2006 , 01:38 AM
Subscriber
here are the first updates for the groundshape of the head

hope you like it so far.

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 5 04-09-2006 , 02:40 AM
Subscriber
another update

user added image

# 6 04-09-2006 , 03:28 AM
Subscriber
this happens alot with me to i really want to make a ww2 short after watching tonnes of docu's and playing cod (call of duty)...it's a habbit. i get inspired to easily.
any who sweet model so far although i have never seen silent hill (haha i can sleep at night) it does look good

# 7 05-09-2006 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
update user added image

hope you like it

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 8 07-09-2006 , 09:43 AM
Looks nice so far. Anyway, what's the deal with those pyramid heads from silent hill? I don't get it..why do they have those strange heads? user added image
Actually, i did not watch the movie..is it worth to watch?

# 9 07-09-2006 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber
Hi Fubar

i can't tell you the exact reason for this strange head, but original he comes from the Silent Hill 2 Playstation Game.

I've played the Silent Hill Game for years now and the film is a adaptation from the first Silent Hill Game.

I think it is worth to see the film....but that is my personal taste. And i am a big fan from the games *hehe*

There is only one pyramid head and my understanding about the pyramid head is, the creators wanted to wear him a pyramid or triangle, because it should look like that he has pain under it. Sounds strange i know. There are some details on wikipedia about him.

Galadiel

# 10 07-09-2006 , 10:13 PM
Subscriber
Pyramid head is supposed to be an embodiment of the Main character from Silent Hill Two's, Sexual and physical frustration following the death of his wife.. ITs basically a nightmarish physical embodiement of his pain, both MEntal and physical, The pyramid is there to keep you and i Guessing, as to weather oor not, its actually the main character behind the mask, or if its some ghastly manifestation of him twisted with the new reality..

Though, there was a cameo apperance of Pyramid head in a slightly different form in one of the 6 different endings of the origional Silent Hill game, i only saw that one once, so i dont really remmeber much about it or how it tied in..

Model is looking good, Not sure about all the little bumps all over the pyramid, i dont recall that in the movie or the game..though i do se them on your reference... .Could just be me remembering wrong.. I havent seen the movie in months, the weekend it was released so..

Ironic, i'd thougth of doing this character when i finish wiht the FAlcon in a few weeks.. Suppose i'll pick another one.. maybe a Big boobed nurse or something..

I look foward to seeing this progress man
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 11 08-09-2006 , 02:21 AM
Subscriber
Thank you for your feedback. user added image and for the background about PH. Cool!

I think the Janitor is a really interesting model too. Remember him? The guy on the toilette?

btw, your models are really great. Like the deep space nine user added image very detailed.

Galadiel

# 12 08-09-2006 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for your compliments user added image..i aprecaite them..

I was thinking about teh Janitor, or A nurse one, been tossing both back and forth...

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 13 09-09-2006 , 03:24 AM
Never knew what the Pyramid head was! (must be a bit out of touch! LOL)

When I saw the pictures it reminded me of the Tortured Souls by Clive Barker

Heres a link

https://www.spawn.com/features/torturedsouls/

The model looks like a good start.