Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-11-2006 , 07:32 PM

smthing happen with my pivot!!!!help !

i don't know what happend with pivot, but it's difficult to scale,translate....because 3 vector that control XYZ are sticked .T_T
:headbang:

someone help me ...please!!!!! (i've reinstalled maya but it still ).
i'm wattingfor feed back of all....thanks....:bow:

# 2 27-11-2006 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
Hmm. What a nuisance!

I only know of one way to prevent movement, scaling and rotating. This involves locking the relevant attributes in the channel box. In that case, the fields are greyed-out in the channel box, and the manipulators (scale, move, rotate) all turn grey.

If this isn't the problem, perhaps a screen-shot or a model would help answer your question.

Here's what I mean about the locked channels.

EDIT: If this is the problem, right click on the attribute name in the channel box and select "Unlock Selected"

Attached Images

Last edited by enhzflep; 27-11-2006 at 09:05 PM.
# 3 27-11-2006 , 09:49 PM
Subscriber
well not sure what problem it is exactly. IF it's whats happening above then thats what you do to unlock it. But....if you want to uninstall and install with a completely fresh copy, you cant just uninstall and install, you hvae to go into my documents and delete all the old datas/preferences, then you reinstall. That should help.

# 4 03-12-2006 , 09:05 PM
thanks.......
i'll do it .