Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-12-2002 , 04:50 PM

Maya Hardware Question

My first postuser added image

I have just recently started using Maya 4.5, and i am sure i will be bugging everyone here with silly questions in the future...

I have a question about my Hardware and what i should spend my money on upgrading ie what will make Maya a much more enjoyable exp...

Currently i have

Dell Intel Pentium III 800Mhz
384 MB RAM (Max 512MB on my System)
AT1 32 bit Graphics card

Now bearing in mind im only starting out i need something which isnt going to take hours just rendering a peice of work (of course this is dependant upon complexity i suppose)

So say if i had £100-200 to spend (i know not a lot) what should i upgrade or is my system good enough

Its been ok so far but i havent really done much (but the weekend is here lol )

Thanks alot

Waseem

# 2 20-12-2002 , 05:15 PM
sorry, but how much is that, lets say in... US dollars? Thanks,
Brian

# 3 20-12-2002 , 05:16 PM
$60-120

i think

# 4 20-12-2002 , 05:27 PM
Hmm.... Not sure what you could get with that. But, maybe you could get a new Video Card? or save up some more money then get one. For around that Price range you could maybe get a Gforce 3 TI200 or something like that. Rendering is going to be slow, But thats a whole system overhall to fix that, so The easiest and cheapest to fix you would be your Video card. I think that would help out quite a bit. I would recomend going for a 64mb card or else just keep what you have. Thats my advice anyways. Thanks hope it works out,
Brian

# 5 20-12-2002 , 05:58 PM
100 UK pounds is about 160 US dollars...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 6 20-12-2002 , 06:02 PM
Kevin
hi

Not to much you can do with that amount but if it was me I was max out the ram for sure.

Gotta have at least 512 user added image

# 7 20-12-2002 , 06:02 PM
Kevin
dam wheres my manners?

welcome to SM my good man!