Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-10-2008 , 04:14 AM
Subscriber

more than one bump map

is it possible to apply more than one bump map to a material? on this leaf I am making, i have attached a leather 3d texture to the bump mapping attribute of an anisotropic material. But as you can hopefully see, the veins of the leaf look awful, how i have just painted them on ( although I am going to paint more onto this - this was just a test of my basic photoshop texture layers). I figured i need to do some bump mapping for the veins, i.e, make my texture map greyscale, and use it as a bump, but now i cant do this as ive attached the leather texture to the bump attribute? Im basically quite new to texturing, and using more than one map in particular.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-10-2008 , 05:05 AM
yes you can connect more than one bump to each others by connecting the out normals of a bump node to the normal camera of another bump node th connect the sexond bump node to the bump of your shader .... i can send you a picture for this dazzy bump network if you need.

good luck

You Deserve