Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-11-2009 , 12:21 AM
Subscriber

I Cant Draw

Okay I have an idea as to what I want my character to look like for my next short, but I cannot for the life of me draw him out. I would say I'm a pretty competent modeler, so basically whatever I have drawn (or get for reference) I can get the model pretty darn close to. But I do not want to draw it out because it will not look like how I want it, and thus the model wont either.

I'm sure I can find someone to do it for me, but Im wondering if you guys have any ideas that I could try to do it myself. I watched a tutorial somewhere that someone basically did concept like art in photoshop just by moving and blending shapes around, and putting in fine details as he went, but this was more for a mech robot thing. As always you guys are the best with getting me in the right direction, thanks to any and all that have any ideas!

# 2 05-11-2009 , 12:46 AM
Well, Practice. Constantly. Doodle wherever you go, and whatever you do. It is really the only way to get better.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 05-11-2009 , 12:57 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, trust me I do. I'm just looking for some out of the box ideas to get some concept art together.

# 4 05-11-2009 , 01:29 AM
I can't draw as well but i practice every day for about 2h. I'm practicing from a book named " Fun with a pencil " try it it worth the money!

# 5 05-11-2009 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
well I can't really help as I'm trying to resharpen my skills of drawing, haven't done anything since I was about 16 or 17 and I was decent but not great then and now I'm horrible... I found this site: https://www.learn-to-draw.com/ and figured I'd give it a try, went through the whole beginners section (just read it didn't actually do it yet) and it seems like it's going to be a big help for me, figured I'd share this info with you since you're looking for some help to.

# 6 05-11-2009 , 09:19 AM

Re: I Cant Draw

Originally posted by jjmacky88

I watched a tutorial somewhere that someone basically did concept like art in photoshop just by moving and blending shapes around, and putting in fine details as he went, but this was more for a mech robot thing.

can u post the link of that tutorial?
---------------------------------------
practicing more and more will clear your problem,maintain a sketch book,it will develop your drawing skills,
copy and draw the simple drawings,which are in children illustrated magazines....
then you'll draw what ever you want.......
I'm telling these words as a cartoonist.

# 7 09-11-2009 , 09:55 PM
Hi,

I'm learning to draw too. I use this classic book to learn. I really can suggest it, its worth the money and it's really not expensiv. I barely paid more for shipping user added image.

Hope i could help a little

book at amazon