Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 14-11-2010 , 08:20 PM

moving vetices

is it possible to move vertices/edges without changing the actual shape of the mesh. say, if you've done a few 'split polygon' or 'edge loops' and it turns out they're not quite in the right place to deform the mesh as you'd like (ie. edges too close together). can I 'slide' vertices and edges over the surface to the correct location.
i can kinda get the shape i want by dragging the vertices around, but the mesh looks kinda messy.

or is the best policy to get the shape right, then clean up the mesh?

# 2 14-11-2010 , 08:53 PM
Acid44
Just select the edges you want and use the "Slide edge tool"

I think it's in Mesh> slide edge tool either that or edit mesh, under the polygon menu setuser added image

# 3 15-11-2010 , 08:01 AM
Subscriber
you can also slide verts along an edge if you want by holding the c key with the vert selected and move tool, then mmb drag along the edge in question.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 18-11-2010 , 03:50 PM
ah got it. just had to remember to select the edge first - as you told me to acid44!!