Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 17-10-2004 , 03:02 PM

Maya 6 Rendering

Hi all. I am a true noobie. user added image

I made my first object yesterday and tried to render it to see the different effects I was having on my model, only no matter what I try, I get just different colors, and no different LOOK.. I saw someone here give settings for a nice reflective silver, so I entered those settings, and rendered and got a white goblet. I tried inserting a light in the scene (still white) and adding another little object in the scene and still no luck.

Rendering options global.. that is a huge panel, and I have NO idea what I should change, or not change... any help I would apprecaite, I searched the web most of the night, and could not find much information at all..

My renders are extremely fast, and not very detailed. so I figured I was just missing a step that isn't giving the render much detail.

Thanks!

Steven

# 2 17-10-2004 , 07:56 PM
Turn on Raytracing (reflections), go to the render globals and down to raytracing, click the checkmark box. Next render, if you get the same thing, then I would suggest making your own silver shader. Blinn's are the generally used metal shader, I like anistropics personally.