Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 106 30-04-2005 , 11:42 AM
this is an awsome work of a genius man! and the hooves rock - I love them! maybe you can later animate the horse like someone phoning with its hoove.. this terminator has much of charism - and looks like hell lot of work.

# 107 30-04-2005 , 01:14 PM
Subscriber
This looks crazy tight man. Hopefully I'll be this good with maya. Waiting for my dvd I ordered ro come in the mail. Along with 7 books from amazon. Then 2 dvd's from gnome. Or whatever the site was called I went to.

This horse looks really tight agian man. I love the coloring so far and everything. Very good details and love the hooves man.

# 108 01-05-2005 , 02:26 AM
Hey Pony, It has been a while since I have checked this out. I am impressed! I will have make sure to check back more often. Keep it up! BTW I dig the "USE"

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
# 109 02-05-2005 , 12:05 PM
Damn Pony, I step away for the shortest time and look at what you've come up with. That's one fancy can opener user added image Everything is looking pretty good at the moment but you seem to be repeating shapes around the body which can detract from the detail you're putting in like the smooth rounded joints and then the muscles, maybe try some sort of different approach or just keep going user added image Anyway, until this thing dances I wont be impressed and even then you need your secondary animation going on damnit! Come on, lets see what you can do user added image

# 110 02-05-2005 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
K, thanks much !

Falott, LOL thanks.. Glad you like them. Cute idea bout the phone thing. Could do like a spy skit like that. Talking on the secret hoof phone. Yeah a lot of work. Thinking it might take a lot, and doing it are 2 difrent things.

Midion, (blush) very happy ya like it so. and sounds like you want to go bonkers with learning.. good for you ! much proude to see it.

Luke, may the poly force be with you also. Yeah check in more often, its bean a couple of days but I needed a weekend off. And bean testing some rendering ideas. But I'll be back in the sadle quick enough.

Demon, right.. LOL Its a can opener ?? no wander Danny said it was crazy when I told him it was over 73k faces already. Its a heck of a lot for a can opener.. Would like to know more about what you meen about repeating the shapes .. It could be worked out after a bit or your seeing a falt bilt in already.. Need to know to sort it. yeah I here ya cracking the whip. Good thing I can take it.. ( can you ??? LOL ) It will dance.. and secondary animation,,, sighs.. check, its on the long list now.. You know I would anyway.. I'm crazy like that.

# 111 04-05-2005 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber
Not totaly finalised, details missing. But ruffly the right shapes and sizes, lay out for things. If somehting looks to small or not big enough to you let me know. Its difrent how it gets the work done but so are horses.

user added image

# 112 04-05-2005 , 10:05 AM
this may be a very noob question, but -> is this all one object or do you have the horse devided in multiple objects? and how about modeling so many details without intersecting each other? I know , it's a very unprecise question, which can be answered unprecisly if U like.

# 113 10-05-2005 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
Falott, no prob. There is over 398 geometry objects on it. Back just befor I started working on the hydrolic's on the leg. So yeah many things are broken up in to difrent objects. For intersecting, not many things do at all. I had to think about it for a moment. For instance, each of the spine peaces is a sphere that had part choped off and extruded out the rest of the way to form the rest of the "bone". To make the other end. a duplicat, scaled up verstion of the sphere was used to boolean the cup each ball goes in to . so they fit fine. The hydrolic covers on each one are seprat. place in to position thin duplicated 120 degrees around it from the center, with a offset. So the meshes dont' acualy go in to each other. The tendents on this next pic. I have a semi-transparent lamber I use to tell when it starts to tuch the bone.

OK about this pic. Working more on it. This is a lot like the final verstion of the leg will be like. The tendents are the wrong color texture right now. There are still parts missing. Like attachment points for some of the tendents are still not there. The Hydrolic feed lines are not on it etc.. But with detail like this I find it best to bild it up gradualy. I'm not working to a exact refrance.
user added image

# 114 10-05-2005 , 12:24 AM
Subscriber
Looks Great Pony, can't wait to see it done user added image