Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 26-03-2003 , 09:25 PM

# 17 26-03-2003 , 10:04 PM
I checked out your link its great! THanks alot. I actually agree with you on the wheels! I am going to look around a bit more. Here is an update. What do you think about the cartoon look?? I think its kinda cool, kinda like the Toyota Matrix comercial? What do you think?
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 18 26-03-2003 , 10:17 PM
um....cartoon...i would like to see it more realistic, but cartoon is not bad too....The white line in the middle...kinda looks like the viper. Looking cool with the bright color there, awsume Brian, more update soon! =]

pErry

# 19 26-03-2003 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber
I agree with mr2, but I've never seen cartoon-y stuff by Brian so this is really nice!

anyway, just one thing brian, is it me or the front wheels are turned a bit too much? Judging from the overall picture, I don't this it's possible to turn them that much in real life

-Emo

# 20 27-03-2003 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
Nice job - there seems to be a little bit less of an upturn in the back than on the crx as I recall it. could that be the case or am I imagining things?

Anyway - the technique is great - to repeat a common question: NURBS or subds???

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 21 27-03-2003 , 02:48 AM
Simply Maya OG
Knowing Brian, its prolly Sub-D's. But dont quote me on that one.

- Hybrid
# 22 27-03-2003 , 08:25 AM
And knowing Brian he's forgotten windshield wipers again!

Couldn't resist.

# 23 27-03-2003 , 12:55 PM
no windshield wipers lol. ok your right. But, if I acutually finnish this model, there will be windshield wipers. user added image and door handels. user added image But yep, its Sub d's. user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 24 27-03-2003 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
Looks sweet! Up til a few years ago I drove one of the first series of CRX. Have pictures somewhere of it. It was a Ferrari Red lowered and all that funny stuff. I miss it.

# 25 27-03-2003 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
That's a nice effect- what shader is that?

# 26 27-03-2003 , 07:20 PM
it was just an accident, its acutally just a blinn shader, and I made my seams grey, and the result was not intentional, but it looks like a cartoon shader... oh well.. May or maynot keep it, haven't decided yet.
Thanks!
Brian

I have had 21 cars in the past 4 years, and the one ihave had now I have had a year. But, one of them was a CRX and is probably my fav. to drive out of all of them (including a Porsche)
thats why I decided to model it. user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 27 27-03-2003 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
Yikes, 21 cars is a lot, especially in 4 years user added image

I have a 65' ford mustang. It'd be cool if I could take some time to model that.

It's looking good Brian. Where you planning to apply? you want to be a modeler? animator? jack of all trades?

God Bless you and 3D
# 28 27-03-2003 , 07:49 PM
Once my reel is done, I am going to apply and send it every where! lucky, there are alot of sites who want me to email them and let them know when it is done, so at least that would help. Ummm.. I used to be strictly an animator, It wasn't untill I came here that I really got into modeling, I also Love Matchmoving, and compositing. So... I thought that I would a little bit of everything on there as long as long as it looks good. I would take just about any position realated to any of those. user added image I know that you are supposed to be specific. I won't be makeing a modeling demoreel. all of it will be camera tracks/matchmoving and animation. As of right now, I will be applying for an animator or matchmovin position, but if someone offers me a modeling position, I wouldn't turn it down. user added image
Brian

BTW I would love to have a 64 mustang!

Please check
My (old) website!
# 29 27-03-2003 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
But, if I acutually finnish this model, there will be windshield wipers. user added image and door handels. user added image
Brian

just a few suggestion about that:

put just one windshield wiper in the middle...

dont put any door handles (that's called shaving your doors)...

and to top it off, make some suicide doors (the ones on the Lamb. Diablo going up and down.... )

that will be a swwwweeeeet looking car right there user added image

-Emo

# 30 27-03-2003 , 08:53 PM
THanks Emo I will be doing all of those things!! as well as giving it a carbonfiberhood, and some minnor dents. Gotta have some minnor dents! Well, Here is what it looks like right now. Try different shaders to make it look more realistic. What do you think?? I am on'y concerned with the shader right now, i know the image has tons of stuff wrong with it... like the glass.. NE ways, what color do you think I should make it? Thakns for all of your replies!
Brian E

THink about taking out the strip, what do you think?
me

Please check
My (old) website!