Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-01-2006 , 08:59 PM

XP won't let maya do its work..

I guess i tried everything now... pff.. I have this maya 7 running on a windows 2000, and it works perfectly... now.. a few days ago I installed it on a Windows XP home edition...

and there maya just stops running while starting up.. again without any error messages user added image

-I tried to set up the compability with win 2000... nothing

-I tried to let maya run under 256 colors.. there it starts up but the image view doesn't work..( if i render something, it renders it, so it means it is there, but I can't see anything)

is this XP typical issue..

system:- 64 mb graphics ( intel)
-3 ghzprocessor
-1 gig ram

# 2 18-01-2006 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
I cannot vouch for Maya 7, as I don't have it, but Maya 5 works fine here on XP Home with a similar setup (3.06GHz P4, 1 Gig RAM). The only thing I notice is that you have an Intel graphics card. Maybe there's an issue with the Intel graphics and Maya under XP.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 3 20-01-2006 , 10:57 PM
np.. I think i'll just get windows 2000 on my pc ...
thanks anyway!..

tsss I was starting to hate XP anywayz

# 4 21-01-2006 , 02:25 PM
Maya 6.0 works fine on my PC thats running XP home?

Strange?? Ive got a 128mb Gforce, 2.2Ghz and 1gb Ram and its fine

# 5 30-01-2006 , 02:45 AM
6.5 works on my xp pro edition

3.2 ghz HT processor, 2gb dds ram, 256 Raedon Xctacy Vid card

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 6 02-02-2006 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
from wat i can remem doesnt alias say to only run maya on pro not home

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 7 03-02-2006 , 01:48 PM
still works tho!!

They also dont support GFORCE cards but I aint had a problem with the UI or hardware rendering with mine.

They ony say its not been fully tested, therefore they dont want to put there necks on the line

# 8 03-02-2006 , 01:50 PM

Re: XP won't let maya do its work..

Originally posted by jornkes
I guess i tried everything now... pff.. I have this maya 7 running on a windows 2000, and it works perfectly... now.. a few days ago I installed it on a Windows XP home edition...

and there maya just stops running while starting up.. again without any error messages user added image

-I tried to set up the compability with win 2000... nothing

-I tried to let maya run under 256 colors.. there it starts up but the image view doesn't work..( if i render something, it renders it, so it means it is there, but I can't see anything)

is this XP typical issue..

system:- 64 mb graphics ( intel)
-3 ghzprocessor
-1 gig ram

Isn't there a number of fixes on alias's website for Maya 7 and XP compatability?