Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 10-03-2005 , 02:12 AM
Subscriber

light_linking one object

I have an assignment, due tomorrow: our teacher said to use light-linking to illuminate sepcific objects in our scene. But our object is a small environment that is made from a single piece of goemetry.

I have looked up a lot of tutorials & help about this, but all the light-linking relates to a bunch of individual objects - I get that. What if i have a single piece of geometry, how to I get some light to light certain areas, or NOT light others?

I've tried to create a "quick select set" of a group of faces, then light-link them, but that doesn't work (althought it did SEEM like a good idea). user added image

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks to all,
Phil

PS: our teacher said to apply light to verticies, am I dreaming or is that not impossible?