Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-10-2005 , 11:30 AM

as few probs

I have a few probs, please try to help mem out.

1) I cant seem to find the extrude face/edge tool. I click on the button and the manipulator dos not show. I have gone into show modifiers but nothing shows.

2) When i do a uv layout projection, the manipulator is not there, so i cannot manipulate the projection at all.

3) When i create say a poly cube, I have to go into the box to change the amount of sub divisions, whereas in the past I have been able to change this by clicking on something on the right of the screen, yet now I cant seem to access this. If you are unsure what I mean, this si the box, where when you highlight the specific area you then use the middlemouse button to scrub. This is what I want to be able to do again, as its a lot easier and better to see how many divisions there are while the model is on the screen.

Hop you guys can clear this up fo me..

# 2 07-10-2005 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
Read the manual or help files.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 3 07-10-2005 , 01:53 PM
I HAVE BUT TO NO AVAIL. PLEASE HELP

# 4 10-10-2005 , 11:50 AM
Please help if you can answer my query. I really need to know where my manipulators have disappeared to and also where my inputs box has gone. Sometimes it is there and others it has gone.Please help

# 5 11-10-2005 , 09:46 AM
ok yoru channel box has disappeared. go to:

display > ui elements > channel box / layer editor that should solve that one.

For the other question, when you need to show a manipulator just hit "t" on your keyboard and it should pop up.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 6 12-10-2005 , 04:34 PM
My problems are still not resolved.
1. When I say channeks box, i didnt mean the actual channel channel box, I mean the inputs box. It has plainly disappeared. This means that I can now no longer change the atrributes of my shape. for example sub divisions etc.

2.Also the manipulator still does not show. OK this works when I want to show/hide manipulators for move rotate etc, but this does not make a difference for the extrude tool. Ijust cannot get it up at all. all there is is the selected faces, and when i press the extrude tool a little result appears in the bottom of the screen but with no actual extrude tool.
pleese help.

# 7 05-11-2005 , 12:33 PM
thats strange.. ive got exactly the same problem with extruding faces.. theres no manipulator any more..!

i would be happy if anyone has an answer to that...

# 8 05-11-2005 , 01:54 PM
I have sorted it out now, what I did is go into my c drive and elete the maya folder called prefs, then reloaded maya and all was restored.

# 9 05-11-2005 , 04:08 PM
ok, i did the same and its working again!!

thank you!!