Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 04-03-2006 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber

Making a Sleeping Bag

Hi

I have modelled a Character using polygons and would like to have them in a sleeping bag for part of my scene.

How would i go about making a sleeping bag? should i make a cloth garment around his body or just create a nurbs surface around the whole body and then bind it around the man as skin?

This is for an animation and not a still render so when the person moves i would like the sleeping bag to act correctly.

I have never tried cloth before so am not sure how this reacts with movement...

Thanks for any help

Steve

# 2 05-03-2006 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
I would just use the nurbs square. One above him and the other below him. Create a garment and then start the seams. You might want to set the resolution to something higher if you want accurate deformations. But i would just try simple collision objects, say for the knee and body. You can parent them to the bones or set orients so they move accordingly.

If you want super accurate stuff,, good luck, as the calculation will kill you. Not to mention the number of times it takes to fine tune cloth.

Good Luck,
Post your scenes so that ppl can help you out. You can of course duplicate your mesh and poly reduce him and then use that for your collision object...

Ok thats all,
Kumar