Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-08-2009 , 10:52 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Created walk cycle trax clip, how do I use it?

this is a problem I have been struggling with for quite some time. I have a trax clip of a walk cycle, but I have no idea how to use it. I have managed to import it onto the skeleton and it works, but the character just walks on the spot. How do you get it to walk forward or in a different direction? Or did I miss something out earlier?

# 2 06-08-2009 , 04:13 PM
Subscriber
Have a master control over the skeleton, then you can use that to move the character around the scene and have the skeleton still cycle its animation.

Chris

# 3 06-08-2009 , 05:40 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Thanks user added image
Now I know why no one answered, its a basic rigging thing isnt it and not a trax thing? (now I have kurts tutorial on rigging and am watching it now, so will actually be able to rig something properly)
Finally I can animate! :attn: :attn:

user added image

# 4 07-08-2009 , 05:12 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Sorry to be a pain, but what exactly is a master control? Is it just a control for the root? (It wasnt mentioned in the tutorial user added image )

# 5 10-08-2009 , 12:16 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
It's simply a curve you draw on the base of the character which is a master/parent to all your controlcurves in the rig, when you select that you select the entire character and can move, scale and rotate around in the scene.