Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-01-2006 , 11:37 PM

cellshader character (nprs)

ok this is a female character I'm modeling, I wan't this character to have the manga look or nprs shader ( non photo realistic shader), so I downloaded the script and It's look good but I want to put some file textures and looks like this script dont work with file textures, also when i put some lights in the scene looks like the shader isnt iluminated by the lights, example: i put a red light or a green light and the shader looks the same. I have use the cell for softimage xsi and in softimage the lights change the color of the shader and I think it can use file textures. Can this be done in maya? of course but how? I use maya 6 by the way.

kazama
raularosemena@hotmail.com

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 29-01-2006 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
hey that looks cool. I've played around with that script and it won't allow you to add light sources of any sort. The way you give it a light source is by assigning a very light value where the core light is suppose to be or where the core shadows are suppose to be also etc.

Anyhow it says so in the instruction. user added image

# 3 31-01-2006 , 09:28 PM
Yeah.. I was kind of mad with that script and start trying some things with that and after a couple of days in the hypershade i come up with something really interesting, now i can use file textures and anything I want, and the light I put in scene affects the color of my shader. Here is an update with some hair and a uv texture map ( not final texture of course) comments pliz.

kazama

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 31-01-2006 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
That's pretty cool, but I don't think I'm digging the checker hair though lol. Maybe you should try and add another shadow that's inbetween the dark shadow and the skin color. It'll definately bring out the ears more, and the jaw could be seen better. Right now it's just a flat transition from the neck to the chin.
I'm assuming you're using the cell shaded version of this script right? It looks cool so far. I should probably play around with it too, looks fun. user added image

# 5 03-02-2006 , 01:48 PM
It looks cool kazama. Good work so far. user added image

I definately agree with Anhslaught - I think adding another shadow color would help your model. I also think that the corner of your character's eyes could do with a little work. It looks a little too rounded on the outer corner.

Keep it up.

# 6 03-02-2006 , 10:14 PM
thanks for the comments. I'll work on my model this weekend and show some updates on monday

kazama

# 7 10-02-2006 , 03:46 PM
eh yo se como hacer cell shading de manera facil pudiendo poner texturas y todo lo demas. Puedo aƱadirte al msn?
Cuando llegue a casa ya te posteo como si aun no lo has descubierto. No hacen falta scripts.
----------------------------------------
(i said)
eh I know how to make cell shading in an easy way and using textures and all that stuff. May i add you to my msn list? When i get home Ill post how if you still haven't noticed.
You don't need scripts

# 8 10-02-2006 , 04:50 PM
si gracias si quiero saber como hacerlo, yo descubri algo q me sirve para el cabello, q es texturizar el difusse con el nprs y da resultado parece, pero no se si sera la mejor manera de hacerlo.
Y si agregame al msn

kazama

# 9 13-02-2006 , 02:09 PM
here's the shader so you can check it by yourself.

Attached Files
File Type: ma cellshader.ma (4.1 KB, 194 views)