Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-12-2002 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber

Two Projects WIP

Hello All I had two projects going at the same time and have hit the hardest part for me... Texturing/shading I've done some basic shading on both scenes and rendered them to get some constructive critisizm on. I'll explain more with each picture

The first one is a vine covered sword in a field of grass. (to speed up rendering I took it out of the first picture.) I need help with the green and red gemstones. They don't look more like glass than gemstones. I'm not sure what type of bump map or effect to add to the stones. Also the roses need a bit of texturing so they look more organic an not plastic. The top rose I intended to color the base from black to blue to grey. I've used a ramp but I'm not getting it to turn out right.

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 22-12-2002 , 05:01 PM
Subscriber
Here is a farther away picture (I took this before I changed the hilt up a bit) I want to add in a sky environment to make the sky look like its going to rain but After reformating my computer I lost my java applet and can't access the maya search help files.

~GateKeeper
# 3 22-12-2002 , 05:08 PM
Subscriber
The next one is a picture of a valkyrie that is going to be in the scene with the Macross I modeled. The problem I'm having here is that the model looks smooth and I'm not sure what to add to it to break up the smoothness. That and I'm trying for a painted steel sort of look but it needs work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care all and have a wonderful Christmas!

~GateKeeper