Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-11-2006 , 11:12 PM

Maya 7.0 can access file in LAN ?

Help!!!!

Can anyone help me out to solve problem with maya 7.0 for Linux. where i am not able to access files on my LAN

Plz help me out it's urgent..

Thanks all

YEAH!!!
# 2 03-11-2006 , 12:25 AM
Senior Software Developer
What exactly is the issue...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 03-11-2006 , 03:25 AM
honestly this post (and the one about maya 8.0 files) is unrelated to any maya issues... it's a lan issue. if you can see the file, you can open it. if you can't see the file, then you can't open it. if it's on a lan then you can go to the other computer, use a flash drive, and copy it there and then open it on any box (computer) you wish.

if you're working with the same version of maya on both computers, then you shouldn't have a problem opening the file over a network, as long as you have the proper rights to access the file/folder/computer in the first place.

if you're having lan problems, then talk to your network administrator. if you don't have a network admin (it's a home LAN) then go on some networking forums and whine to them. this is not a maya issue.

Accept no substitutions.