Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-10-2006 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber

Mental ray is gone [FIXED]

Hi

I am fearly new to Maya, ive used blender a bit. I installed maya a couple of weeks ago and then I registered that I had 4 alternatives in the Render meny. Maya Software, Maya Hardware, Maya vector and at last Mental Ray.

Today, i was planning to try out Mental ray for a model ive made, but then it was all gone. In the render meny i now just have, Maya Software and Hardware. Vector and Mental Ray is gone. Anyone have a clue? What has happened?

Im running Maya 8.0 on Mac OS X Tiger.

Last edited by espenc; 31-10-2006 at 05:46 PM.
# 2 31-10-2006 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
Try going to Window--Settings/Prefs---Plugin Manager--

once in the plug-in window look for the line named mayatomr and cllick the load and auto load buttons next to the mayatomr line, click refresh and you should be good to go.

# 3 31-10-2006 , 05:47 PM
Subscriber
Thank you, that solved my problem! Thank you for the help. What has caused this to change? I didnt to this... But anyway, now it is fixed and thank you very much!