Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-11-2015 , 07:50 PM

maya 2016 clear history issue?

I'm working on a scene in 2016 and every time I clear history one or more assets displays wrong. I can't describe it besides whatever asset decides to do it, it gets covered in edge display, almost like it's been smoothed or converted (heavy edges). I attached a few pics, has anyone come across this or maybe it's a display issue with my hardware card.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 17-11-2015 , 12:38 AM
I sort of figured it out. I can't marquee select but if I do each individually it clears..fyi

# 3 17-11-2015 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
I have had the same issue occurring on random occasions. I don't have a clue what's causing it but the way I have dealt with the problem is duplicating the object and deleting the original one. After doing that you can safely delete history.

# 4 17-11-2015 , 07:31 PM

I have had the same issue occurring on random occasions. I don't have a clue what's causing it but the way I have dealt with the problem is duplicating the object and deleting the original one. After doing that you can safely delete history.

Did you get the same result I get with the messed up mesh? Thanks for the help by the way..

# 5 18-11-2015 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Yes exactly the same result....but no idea why it sometimes happens

# 6 19-11-2015 , 12:36 PM

Yes exactly the same result....but no idea why it sometimes happens

Again, thanks for helping because your way works as well. I've been running into this a lot lately after I accrue a lot of history on an asset. I worked on something last night and my way of single deleting wouldn't work so I tried your method and it worked, saved my scene.user added image Autodesk needs to fix this, I sent a report to them.

# 7 19-11-2015 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
glad I could be of help.

I still wonder what causes this error. Hope your report will help Autodesk fix it