Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-12-2013 , 11:36 AM

UV texture editor

Is there way to delete uv's from the texture editor and start fresh again? The thing is I map out my uv and then I added/combine the head to mesh: it messed up the layout of the uv editor. it looks like a spider web

# 2 12-12-2013 , 12:41 PM
Hi,

just select the faces (in the 3D viewport) which you want to start over on, and then create the UVs for those again with whatever projection seems most suitable,

gubar

# 3 12-12-2013 , 09:52 PM
Super Moderator
In this case, you can just select the shells of the already mapped areas and move them off to the side while you map the rest of the faces. Then arrange all the UV shells to your liking, no need to redo projections.

- Genny
# 4 18-12-2013 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber
Select the object in Object mode and chose -> Edit UV's -> Delete UV's.

With this you delete all the UV's of the selected object.

# 5 20-12-2013 , 11:27 PM
You can also manage multiple uv sets inside of the uv set editor for organization. At the end you can then merge the sets for the final layout. Ninja UV also provides buttons for moving shells. Is on creative crash and worth the 20 bucks.