Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 03-12-2002 , 07:10 AM

WIP: Head test C & C

Hello there again!
I'd like some c&c on this head...what is the first thing u notice that looks wrong???
/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 2 03-12-2002 , 08:23 AM
Subscriber
Looks really great! People are very different and not like the canon that I have memorized, but here's some thoughts.

EDIT:
The white line on the right-most side is NOT meant to be the curvature of the skull, but the skull closer to the eye/above the eye.

# 3 03-12-2002 , 08:38 AM
undseth: A big thanx for thoose tips!! I'll get right on it!!! user added image

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 4 03-12-2002 , 08:48 AM
Subscriber
I wish I get as far as this if I ever start on a character! user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 5 03-12-2002 , 02:53 PM
The only real thing that bothers me is the front of the neck area. Other than that just work on what undseth suggested.

great work keep it up=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 03-12-2002 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
Maybe the adams apple should be more clear/protruding there.

Holy Mother of whatever! You made that viggen movie, it is GREAT!!! It almost gave me goosebumps.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!

Last edited by undseth; 03-12-2002 at 03:38 PM.
# 7 03-12-2002 , 05:37 PM
Subscriber
good job, just raise the canal in the ear up off the lobe and the ear will look more realistic. Good detail.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 8 03-12-2002 , 10:54 PM

Re: WIP: Head test C & C

Originally posted by Sir-Avalon
what is the first thing u notice that looks wrong???
/Chris

The first thing I noticed wrong was that it was only half a head:p!

J/k. It looks great. I too think the neck needs to be fixed. It maybe me, but I think the gap between the 2 eyebrows seem to protrude to far out.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 9 04-12-2002 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber

things to ponder - or answer - or ponder and answer

looks really nice - noticed that the ear flap seems to join with the back of the ear instead of cover a hole but that's a pretty petty detail for such a nice head.

Question - how did you get that nice line around the lips? Did you join two NURBS surfaces? Is it a SubD model? Polygon? I'm looking for ideas to improve my own head models. user added image

Thing I find most important is that the face is appealing - even a villain must be fun to watch - this face is definitely facinating. What kind of a character is he? What does he do? Where does he live?

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 10 04-12-2002 , 06:59 AM
Thanx everyone!
I reshaped the hole head yesterday...I'll try and post an update later today...I noticed there were some other things that needed to be fixed as I mirrord the head...well you always learn new stuff every day...that's why it's so fun...even though you sometimes feel sick of staring at it so much!! user added image

Model facts: I use a polygon cage and an instance of it which i've converted to Sub-D...

Don't pay any attention to the shape of the model on this image...it's not finished yet... As I said, i'll try and post an update later today!

# 11 04-12-2002 , 09:38 PM
Ok, so here's an update...I don't know about the skull, maybe it gonna be a bit bigger over the ears??? Tell me what u think!!
I haven't done so much about the muscles around the neck yet... First it was more like a man, and now it's turning into a woman! Hopefully! user added image
/Chris

# 12 05-12-2002 , 12:49 AM
Looking better, still need to push back the part of the neck where the chin is. Looking good!!!!

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 13 05-12-2002 , 05:42 AM
Subscriber
That mouth looks really great. I always have such a hard time on the mouth! Argh. I think maybe though, the eyes are alittle large...

Undseth: What a great avatar. rofl.

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 14 05-12-2002 , 12:22 PM
Supreme Being
nice work Sir-Avalon.. :p
just tweak the part of the neck kurt mentioned.. user added image

# 15 09-12-2002 , 12:46 PM

Pheww....

Ok, so i've rebuilt the hole head....It was not that fun, but u learn new thing on the way!!
Just to post an update!! Tell me what u think!! user added image
/Chris