Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-10-2009 , 01:09 PM

Having no lighting

hey, sorry for posting 2 threads up but i got anouther question and it dont really have anything to do with the last one.

At the start of my scene i need to start from pitch black and have the lights flicker on and off, at the moment i can not do that becuase if i render al lights with 0 intensity the default lights come on. so how can i kill these default lights?

Please help!

# 2 11-10-2009 , 07:57 PM
EduSciVis-er
Well, not sure what the actual answer to this is, or if it's possible, but you could just remove the frames that are supposed to be completely black and replace them with just a black image of the same size (in editing program or just rename the individual frames).

# 3 11-10-2009 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
in the render settings you can disable the default lighting as well (i think.... i know i've seen the option somewhere)

i think stwert's idea is a good one though. more frame efficient, you won't be rendering out a lot of black frames that way

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 13-10-2009 , 03:34 PM
o yeah thanks user added image i never found anything in the render options but i totaly forgot about video editing, il do it in that.

Cheers