Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 25-01-2015 , 06:17 PM

Workflow of Character Building

I wanted to know the "right"? way/order to model, cloth, rig, animate a character.

i.e. Is it: Model character, make cloths/hair (and attach?), facial joints/blend shapes, textures, rigging/bind skin, paint weights, etc. I want to make sure I follow the right sequence to avoid deformations and also for efficiency.

Thanks, Chel3
user added image

# 2 04-02-2015 , 09:59 PM
Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWldS1Jzq0U&t=2m5s

Although it is not a step-by-step tutorial, the instructor addresses some of the concerns you have throughout the video. Hope this helps.

# 3 28-02-2015 , 08:21 PM

Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWldS1Jzq0U&t=2m5s

Although it is not a step-by-step tutorial, the instructor addresses some of the concerns you have throughout the video. Hope this helps.

Hi Orv510, I appreciate the video link, it has some good stuff in it. However, it didn't have any of the info I was looking for in modeling a character, rigging it and animating. I find most tutorials show the first part, but leave you hanging cause they assume you know the next obvious step. It's only obvious after you've done it. lol
Thanks

# 4 03-03-2015 , 06:44 AM
Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.????

# 5 12-03-2015 , 04:19 PM

Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.????

Huh - What?

# 6 03-04-2015 , 01:48 PM
HI,

a friend has asked me for some help in building a render farm of about 3 to 5 units to cater to 5 work stations.. Can anyone help me pls? any suggestions?

Thanks!

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest https://e-six-sigma.net and best quality caltech.edu and Southern California University of Health Sciences
# 7 05-04-2015 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
First model, then uv's, then textures, then cloth modelled and turned into ncloth, then hair with nurbs curves converted to hair, then rig and lastly animate

# 8 05-04-2015 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
Oh, and you can do the blend shapes before the rig