Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 08-09-2015 , 12:55 AM
Thanks for the offer David. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I've been running around (lady has got me going to weddings and I'm leaving tomorrow morning early for a road trip to California with my brother. He's moving there and we are traveling from Wisconsin).

Here is a link (dropBox) to the scene -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztwgn3922c...Fluids.mb?dl=0

The scene is simple for the most part. A animated mesh of a guy running (hidden on display layers). A fluid system using the mesh as an emitter and a particle system using the fluids to drive the opacity.

The cache was too large to share, my apologies. Maybe what I'm attempting to do isn't something that Maya/Vray was setup for. I'm trying to get a Krakatoa effect without Krakatoa... If you have any questions on the file be sure to ask. I'll be on the road, but I'll have my phone with me.

Please don't feel obligated by any means to troubleshoot this file. It's a pain in the ass waiting for the cache to ready considering the higher resolution settings I have set. Perhaps I simply just have a really stupid mistake in how I have things setup.

I've never did anything like this before so it is my first time around with a particle system like this.

Best and thank you,
Clayton

# 17 08-09-2015 , 02:37 PM
SM Tea Boy
I've just downloaded the file, i'll take a look at it when i get a moment probably tomorrow now user added image

Have a good trip user added image
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"