Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 12-02-2011 , 01:15 PM
hi bullet i did try something like lighting, hdri and rendering in mr it works
but i just confuse.. what problem with the texture as it forbid me to put on it
whats going on abt the texture because i kind of wanna make rusty look car, my robot can y my car cant..user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 12-02-2011 , 01:19 PM
hi ash3010 all those setting like u mention to me, i did try also works well in mr.
however when i try texture(even i used low res 700*500) on it, and render in mr it become a problem cant render.i just wondering whats happen on my car texture because i want to make a rusty car...user added image my robot can make it and my car cannot..

# 33 12-02-2011 , 01:35 PM
Lifetime Member
Yeh mine locked up first time Ash....I didnt try that...I think Omega is trying too much too quick. I grouped the whole thing dude...I didnt have time to edit it. Thanks for dropping in though mate! Got me stuffed Omega...maybe Ash has a better idea....sorry mate Im at my limit.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 34 12-02-2011 , 02:57 PM
Subscriber
Ok I understand.
@Bullet mine locked up too now.

Ill have a look later when i'm at home.

# 35 12-02-2011 , 03:21 PM
hi bullet thanks for your time to help and guide me but i think i too slow ald, i just start learnt abt geometric obj and not complete yet and organic obj i din even start because i wan try to settle my problem b4 i can move to new thing. Ash thank you for ur guidance. i much appreciateuser added imageuser added image

# 36 12-02-2011 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber
Not a problem. If you are just starting out I would recommend the following points to work on:
  • Refresh on what Bullet said earlier about always finishing your model before playing around with textures, skipping out steps is the downfall of a lot of people.
  • Research the various techniques for builing cars, my personal favorite is, mapping out Nurbs curves, lofting the panels then converting them to a low poly mesh. This way you have a quality edge flow but your panels are different pieces of geometry (as car panels are in reality).
  • after you are happy with your model, prepare your UV's, extremely important if you intent on adding additional specific detail such as rust, stickers, and mud etc

I may well start from scratch over the next week and put a tutorial together for a shader network dealing with car panel rust, its something I've not really looked into before. If you haven't solved your issue by then i'll post it here for you.

# 37 12-02-2011 , 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
It's not your map or shader. The probllem is your UV layout (it's messy, a lot of overlapping) and your shader has texture connections, unsmoothed it renders fine, soon as I hit 3 and render, it gets to about 95% done and crashes. I can see how the problem didn't come up with Maya software renderer because it doesn't take adavantage of the smooth preview.

The problem went away when I :

1. I slapped an automatic mapping on it.

or

2. Broke all texture connections on the shader.

edit: forgot the "or" just so you know you don't have to do both user added image

- Genny

Last edited by GecT; 12-02-2011 at 07:31 PM.
# 38 13-02-2011 , 02:57 AM
thanks ash i will try settle my problem
Gect is it i rearrange my uv layout then texture problem will settle??

# 39 15-02-2011 , 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

thanks ash i will try settle my problem
Gect is it i rearrange my uv layout then texture problem will settle??

Yes at some point you will need to redo your UV layout, that seems to be the source of the problem.

- Genny
# 40 19-10-2012 , 11:18 AM

Thanks

If your model was fine and has slowley started to lag your model might have build up quite a history when modelling, this can cause maya to lag as it is processing all this in the background.

To delete the history select the model and go to Edit -> Delete by Type -> History.

This clears the history and should speed Maya up.

Thank you, I've been wondering why that is....

a little random but thanks anyways!