Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 07-06-2006 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber

Need rendering references

You guys know any sites/dvds/books that are really good for realistic rendering/lighting? I've been doing some searches on rendering and I hear about you guys talking about mental ray and HDRI, but I have no idea exactly when or how to use it.

Some of the sites I found doesn't seem to give enough information and in my books, there seems to not be enough information on rendering.

# 2 07-06-2006 , 07:41 PM
3d World has a good photorealistic rendering section in this month, also Maya secrets of the pros has quite a good section on rendering that goes in to the sepperate passes.

Not much help but maybe a start, other than that all i can think of is to make a simple medel and try and intergrate it into a picture by mimicing the lighting in the photo

# 3 08-06-2006 , 09:38 PM
Subscriber
Cool thanks I'll take a look.