Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 26-01-2007 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
Nope it only cost $365 and i dont have an allowance lol. I work for it user added image

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 17 26-01-2007 , 05:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by starjsjswars
Cool where do you work tunes?

I`m working for a new company called "AIFX" down in dartford uk. (near London). My boss set up a games company and had 3 smallish hits with them (dont ask me what they were i have no idea) and then was asked if he could do a trailer for someone. He then got the idea of doing a movie.

In sept 06 me and another were hired to make a teck demo of what could be done, and in Nov it blow the intvester away. In march we will be expanding.

heres a vary bad website but it has a copy of the teck-demo on it.

www.andalus.tv

Currently I have mad 8 main characters 5 secondary charaters and 3 background characters with multi body part (so they can look different but only need 1 rig) and created 32 ses of cloths as well as weapons, items people are holding. I dont have to uv map, texture or rig them (thats what the other girl does) so that helps.

Originally posted by starjsjswars
Nope it only cost $365 and i dont have an allowance lol. I work for it user added image

where the hell you getting your maya from ????

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-01-2007 at 05:29 PM.
# 18 26-01-2007 , 05:32 PM
Think that might be the student licence

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 19 26-01-2007 , 10:56 PM
Haven.t heard of a student license... I've only seen Unlimited, Complete and Personal Learning Edition. So can I get a link, please?

# 20 26-01-2007 , 11:04 PM
Think you might need to get in contact with your reseller to get a price quote, as you need to prove that your either a education establishment (school, college, uni etc) or your a student.

There used to be links to a price, but it was on resellers sites not via alias/autodesk direct.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 21 27-01-2007 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 22 27-01-2007 , 05:03 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by tweetytunes
I`m working for a new company called "AIFX" down in dartford uk. (near London). My boss set up a games company and had 3 smallish hits with them (dont ask me what they were i have no idea) and then was asked if he could do a trailer for someone. He then got the idea of doing a movie.

In sept 06 me and another were hired to make a teck demo of what could be done, and in Nov it blow the intvester away. In march we will be expanding.

www.andalus.tv

Currently I have mad 8 main characters 5 secondary charaters and 3 background characters with multi body part (so they can look different but only need 1 rig) and created 32 ses of cloths as well as weapons, items people are holding. I dont have to uv map, texture or rig them (thats what the other girl does) so that helps.

that quite a lucky turn of events for the company

good jobuser added image

i myself am i maya seven man always was and always will be i dont want all this new crap when im still learning polygonsuser added image :p

# 23 28-01-2007 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
you and I both I'm still working some really basic projects and those are coming along but coming along slowly at that.

Cannibalism is just a friendly form of population control.
# 24 06-02-2007 , 05:16 PM
I prefer maya 7 I had maya 8 but there wasn't much difference and i really didn't like it for some reason I went back to 7

# 25 13-02-2007 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
same with cheesly. tried maya 8 didnt like it went back to 7.0. I dont know why they keep making new versions though nowadays with so many plugins out there especially at highend3d.com I dont really see a need for newer versions at this rate.

# 26 14-02-2007 , 01:08 AM
Subscriber
Get a Platinum account at Autodesk and get all the up dates for free and monthly DVD downloads for a full year.

# 27 14-02-2007 , 12:05 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by tweetytunes

www.andalus.tv

I don't suppose you take on gap year students or do apprenticeships? :p I can't find anyone who does!

I have Maya 7 and I think I'm going to stick with it for the next 4 years! I don't think many Universities upgrade their software that frequently, so when I go I'll probably be using version 6 :p