Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 13-04-2008 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber

CV Curve Problem

Hello

I'm just giving a simplymaya tutorial a go (link below), but I've summbled upon a problem that I hope someone can find a solution for me....

I'm trying to paint on a CV Curve to create a rocket trail, but when I select the CV Curve and select 'make paintable' I get the following message:

"Warning: Only PolyMesh and NURB surfaces can be made paintable: curve1"

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=48

- It works for the instructor when he clicks it though, but I get the above message :headbang:

# 2 15-04-2008 , 09:16 PM
same problem with me..

# 3 16-04-2008 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
Work Around, as i dont know the tutorial, but i love just going in a different direction.

Duplicate your curve, scale it so that its just on the inside or outside of your original curve.

Go to surfaces and select loft.

Now you just created a Nurbs Surface, now you can start painting whatever you need to paint.

have fun.