Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 05-06-2003 , 09:57 AM
Kevin

The Animatrix

Following up on the DVD release (3rd June) and one of our moderators posts here, I have decided that this movie deserves a little more attention so....here it is:

---------------------------------------

Q. So, what is Animatrix all about then??

A. The Animatrix is a collection of several animated short films, detailing the backstory of the "Matrix" universe, and the original war between man and machines which led to the creation of the Matrix.

Here's a listing of the Animatrix episodes

The last flight of Osiris
The Second Renassaince
Program
A Detective Story
Beyond
Matriculated
World Record
Kid's story

You can download the shorts here

So hopefully we can discuss each part in detail and find out your personal favs and get this fantastic series the credit it surly deserves! :headbang:

# 2 05-06-2003 , 01:57 PM
I liked the first few but personally I think they ran out of ideas after the first 4 or 5. The rest, IMO, were crap. The one with the haunted house and the World Record one were pointless, but hey, thats my opinion.

# 3 05-06-2003 , 03:38 PM
Subscriber
everywhere I got they are sold out on the DVD.

# 4 05-06-2003 , 04:22 PM

Originally posted by HAL 9000
I liked the first few but personally I think they ran out of ideas after the first 4 or 5. The rest, IMO, were crap. The one with the haunted house and the World Record one were pointless, but hey, thats my opinion.

Damnit mate. You have to see those again.
Really see them. The haunted house one (Beyond) has really high production values, and is an interesting insight in how could we actually see the Matrix´s errors all around us.

Matriculated shows a rather perplexing view into how would you make a machine join you in your plight. I mean, ever thought about changing a computer opinion? The first few are actually just eyecandy compared to the philosophical questioning you will actually find in the later ones. Personally my favorite ones are Kid´s Story and Matriculated.

The rest, IMO, were crap. The one with the haunted house and the World Record one were pointless
I totally disagree on such a poorly placed opinion. At least cut the guys some slack, and really watch the things.

On a personal note this post reminds me of all those CGTalk posts meant to bash stuff without actually backing up comments with truthfull if real commentaries. Do not base your statements in opinions only mate, as these are by nature extremely subjective. Better to actually base them on somewhat tangible stuff. -Maybe animation techniques, ideas, develoment?-
I do have to cut you some slack though, as you´ve actually enhanced my perception around "This is plain garbage" posts. I will now actually watch everything that´s labeled as crap in forums. These shorts do deserve it, and not the crap post I just read 2 minutes ago.

Last edited by adldesigner; 05-06-2003 at 04:29 PM.
# 5 05-06-2003 , 04:40 PM
These are truly a piece of ART! This is a must have for any fan of Anime or HQ animation.

# 6 05-06-2003 , 04:45 PM

Originally posted by Mok The Magic Man
These are truly a piece of ART! This is a must have for any fan of Anime or HQ animation.

Where HQ means ... HIGH F*CKING QUALITY animation. user added image
Welcome to SimplyMaya Mok The Magic Man

# 7 05-06-2003 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber
i'm TOTALLY buying this as soon as i get around to it. I would for Final flight alone, but i cought the second reconnaseince on the internet and it was just as excellent. So yah i can't wait.

Anyone else agree that the black guy in final flight looked real for most of it?? I totally was in awe when i caught it with dreamcatcher.....

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 8 05-06-2003 , 05:40 PM
Subscriber
i do wanna watch the others but i cant get into them, i just cant watch cartoons without feeling like im 6 lol - but the final flight one... i F**KING LOVED IT ! - i cant get enough of it just keep watching and watching !

noticed a few errors tho.

but i love it ! im thinking its GREAT ! lol

Urban

Need Help with any aspect of web design? Need any 3d help, etc? visit https://www.webdevchat.co.uk - Use "Urban" As a Referral.
# 9 05-06-2003 , 06:34 PM

Originally posted by adldesigner
Damnit mate. You have to see those again.
Really see them. The haunted house one (Beyond) has really high production values, and is an interesting insight in how could we actually see the Matrix´s errors all around us.

Matriculated shows a rather perplexing view into how would you make a machine join you in your plight. I mean, ever thought about changing a computer opinion? The first few are actually just eyecandy compared to the philosophical questioning you will actually find in the later ones. Personally my favorite ones are Kid´s Story and Matriculated.

I totally disagree on such a poorly placed opinion. At least cut the guys some slack, and really watch the things.

On a personal note this post reminds me of all those CGTalk posts meant to bash stuff without actually backing up comments with truthfull if real commentaries. Do not base your statements in opinions only mate, as these are by nature extremely subjective. Better to actually base them on somewhat tangible stuff. -Maybe animation techniques, ideas, develoment?-
I do have to cut you some slack though, as you´ve actually enhanced my perception around "This is plain garbage" posts. I will now actually watch everything that´s labeled as crap in forums. These shorts do deserve it, and not the crap post I just read 2 minutes ago.

You have good points but I just didn't like them .I can't *help* liking something, can I? I mean, if it didn't appeal to me, I can't force myself to like it just because everyone else did. I saw the DVD before it came out early when I was in Japan so I guess I missed all of the hype that's going with it now. That must have subratracted from my enjoyment of it too. Anime never really appealed to me. Except for that one called Cowboy Bebop. That was the only anime i've ever enjoyed. But sorry for posting my feelings without any backing up of them

# 10 05-06-2003 , 10:26 PM

Originally posted by HAL 9000
You have good points but I just didn't like them .I can't *help* liking something, can I?

True. Carefull about those comments next time. user added image

# 11 06-06-2003 , 06:41 AM
lol, were very defencive of our sci fi around here, i managed to watch a couple and i really did like what i saw. The animatoin style is somthing you rarely see in mainstream (thats actually got a good storyline to back it up). Have to say the budget probably helpt it along in some areas =P but im not complaining

FX supervisor - double negative
# 12 06-06-2003 , 06:15 PM

i ihave the dvd sincce some weeks ^^

https://lab.palindrom.ch
https://www.achermann.cc
: daijobe desu :
# 13 06-06-2003 , 08:57 PM
man, i still havent seen it. Will soon. i think im buying it tonight.

# 14 06-06-2003 , 09:43 PM

its a must!

did you see the stills? its a must cool package design to.
i love it its sutch professional work from matrix crew and other skilled workers!

there we can se some of the caracters is from capcom or squaresoft some japanese typical caracter, must be from a game.
the others are all modell from final fantasz i think, they not modelled all new just the woman is realy modyfied:o

Attached Thumbnails

https://lab.palindrom.ch
https://www.achermann.cc
: daijobe desu :
# 15 06-06-2003 , 09:56 PM
Just saw it... and wow.

My favorite was the second renaissance, followed closely by Beyond. Absolutley stunning! Kid's story was good too.

________

- Jacob