Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-10-2003 , 07:27 PM

Optical Camouflage Research Underway

Hello guys, most of you must have seen this already, but I just caught a glimpse of it again today, and I thought it would be a great read for some to post the link again.

"What is Optical Camouflage?
Optical camouflage is a kind of active camouflage.

This idea is very simple. If you project background image onto the masked object, you can observe the masked object just as if it were virtually transparent."

The link: https://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/proj...DIA/xv/oc.html

What I found most curious was finding this among the list of publications (Bibliography):

M. Shiro, Ghost in the Shell, Kodansya, 1991

Hehehe, just like Julius Verne, this guy might be heralded as another visionary in the future.

Attached Images

Last edited by adldesigner; 06-10-2003 at 07:30 PM.
# 2 06-10-2003 , 07:54 PM
Yes, something like this was thought up along time ago. The idea being that cameras on one side of a vehicle, send image infomation to lots of small screens on the other side of the vehicle, so the car vehicle appears transparent.