Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 10-01-2004 , 09:39 PM
Hey deryk, looking good! I'm working through the 4.5 fundamentals book, too! If you check out chapter 8, there's a whole overview of Hypershade and working with different materials. I'm working on it myself, about to texture my first character!

Nice design so far, looking forward to seeing more!

# 17 11-01-2004 , 05:00 AM
Subscriber
hey thanks!

and be sure to post your work once it's done. i'd love to see that too. user added image

i checked out chapter 8 and worked on it a bit. some nice stuff in that one, especially for creating textures solely in maya. i'll incorporate some of that stuff into my scene then. user added image

what's real bad is the lack of time i have to work solely on this project. since i'm busy working on my undergraduate thesis over here, i'm at a lack of time ALL the time. user added image but yeah anyway, i'm gonna post more pics of the scene as i progress.

thanks for the tip!

# 18 11-01-2004 , 11:29 AM
Subscriber
new screenshot.

created a new texture for the building. i think it looks better now. user added image

Attached Thumbnails