Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-10-2010 , 06:04 PM

Hull-like highlight selection problem

Hi all. Using Maya 2009 on Precision 690, OS: XPx64 Pro.
8 Gigs RAM.

Yesterday while working on a file composed of polygon meshes I somehow inadvertently caused a change in the selection appearance of everything. Now, when I select any component of a polygon (verts, edges, faces) I get this yellow highlight around the area that looks simmilar to a nurbs hull (see attached jpegs). It's very annoying.

I've tried to figure out how I toggled on this feature so that I can toggle it off. Anyone know what I did and how to undo so I can go back to my preferred UI preferences?

It may have been some hotbox feature I accidentally clicked, but I can't seem to find anything that caused this. Any help would be very welcome. It's very annoying.

Thank you. T

# 2 14-10-2010 , 06:16 PM

screen shot

having problems posting screen shots.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 14-10-2010 , 06:17 PM

another screen shot

another

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 14-10-2010 , 06:51 PM
Subscriber
I don't know for sure but it looks like you have "Soft select" on. If that is the case you go to the top right and hit the middle icon. And toggel soft select off.
user added image

# 5 14-10-2010 , 06:53 PM
SM Tea Boy
Turn off soft selection

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 14-10-2010 , 07:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
And just to say it again "sooooooofffft select"... user added image

It's only funny because everyone runs into this problem... I don't know why it isn't on the quick start screen. You hit 'b' to toggle it on or off.

# 7 14-10-2010 , 08:11 PM
That was it. Thanks everyone.

T