Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 04-08-2012 , 09:49 AM
The Nurb Herd
A quick thing to improve it would be to add motion blur. The chrome is super shiny so hopefully the mb might calm it down.
Generally you wouldn't use the HDRI as a "backplate". You could use it to make a backplate tho. Just crop it in ps and maybe defocus it a bit. Use that as a plate to put behind your render.
If you wanted to experiment with HDR lighting, you could try painting out the window on your map and replace it with an area light. Just do some colour matching, and then you have your key light back and way more control.

# 17 04-08-2012 , 12:59 PM
Subscriber
Thanks guys.
stwart. pleased you like his expression I was not sure if it looked to 'angry bird' like?! I guess the red just happened because I've got on of those red kettles... i will give a different colour a go.

joverall22. thanks, having seen the high quality of work you guys show on this site I've had to pull out all the stops!

Honestdom. thanks. I was thinking about adding motion blur in ps that's why I asked if you could do some post work on the render. or did you mean do it in maya (something else new to learn user added image )?
Is using the HDRI image as a plate (after you've done the bits and pieces in ps to it) to give you more control over position? I will try the painting out the window tip.