Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-09-2017 , 10:01 AM

An Issue with Rendering with Vray

Hello guys !
Hope you're doing great !

I'm using Maya 2016 with Vray 3.1
I finished a project and came to the point where i want to render out the animation , I'm working on fluids ( Emitters , smoke , fire)
What I'm trying to do is render in batch mode so i can get a tga image sequence , it always works like a charm , but for some reason it's not !
as soon as i start the batch renderer a message in the log as follows :

MayaRenderLog

9/13/2017
Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin\mayabatch.exe"
Cannot start maya
9/13/2017
Starting "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\bin\mayabatch.exe"
Cannot start maya

I tried uninstalling and now i have maya again , but still the problem persists

// Rendering with V-Ray... //
// Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

I'm confused and really getting frustration on my door :/
Please help
Cheers!

# 2 16-09-2017 , 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
What does the actual render log say? By default on Windows, its in your username/my documents/maya folder or your operating system's equivalent. You have Maya reinstalled Maya and the mayabatch.exe should be there but double check if it's at the specified path.

- Genny
# 3 18-09-2017 , 11:39 AM

What does the actual render log say? By default on Windows, its in your username/my documents/maya folder or your operating system's equivalent. You have Maya reinstalled Maya and the mayabatch.exe should be there but double check if it's at the specified path.

Hey !
Thanks for reaching out!
I dont fully understand what are refering or asking about but im going to answer with some efficient info

I have my maya installed in my operating system to be specific in program files , therefore the maya batch is in bin folder inside C:/programfiles/autodesk/maya2016/bin
Tell me if u need more info , but thats what im working on is fluid and vfx and for some reason I cant get batch rederer to roll out any tga animation sequences.

Cheers!
Mindblow

# 4 20-09-2017 , 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Argh, miscommunication due to terrible use of pronouns on my part lol. A vanilla Maya install on Windows will keep a "mayaRenderLog.txt" at "C:\Users\Gen\Documents\maya". Upload it here. And yes, the mayabatch.exe is indeed found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaVersion\bin folder by default so if its there, then we can cross off that possibility.

- Genny
# 5 25-09-2017 , 11:02 AM

Argh, miscommunication due to terrible use of pronouns on my part lol. A vanilla Maya install on Windows will keep a "mayaRenderLog.txt" at "C:\Users\Gen\Documents\maya". Upload it here. And yes, the mayabatch.exe is indeed found in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaVersion\bin folder by default so if its there, then we can cross off that possibility.

I did upload the log just now, I'm not really sure what might be causing the issue. it's the first time I work with fluids and vfx renders especially if it was tga sequences, what I always do is animation with tga images sequences and it always works fine with me.

Attached Files
File Type: txt mayaRenderLog.txt (147.3 KB, 297 views)
# 6 25-09-2017 , 10:20 PM
Please help me , I can't get any sequence renders. it's getting me frustrated!
i'll attach a new log , because i was testing on an older scene ( Done project + animated and finalized )

so something is not clear in my side user added image

Attached Files
File Type: txt mayaRenderLog.txt (147.7 KB, 298 views)
# 7 26-09-2017 , 09:07 PM
Horraaay !
I fixed the issue , 1 - reinstalled maya + vray and fixed some permissions with maya batch + firewall , used name#.ext with the tga sequence. played around with some layers.
The vray batch is up and running and again , my legacy shall be achieved
Thanks everyone for your replies and concern user added image