Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-06-2005 , 05:54 AM

Fx 5700 Ultra to Quadro FX 1100

Just swapped my GeForce card over to a Quadro, and my performance increased massively (I also for some weird reason also see more sharp text in AOLIM and MSN)

Running the latest official nVidia Quadro drivers aswell -- and I didn't need to swap out the BIOS nore sodder the Hardware ID pins.. pure driver unlock.

Took me ~30 minutes to do -- if simplymaya has no issues (even though I can't see how its illegal in the slightest if NOSing a car is) and if people realize that I just voided my (already voided due to age of card) warrenty I could post how I did it. Its pretty much click, click, click, click, save, restart, uninstall old drivers, restart, install new drivers, restart, have fun.

No -- its not emulation... aparently the only difference between -- for instance -- GeForce 6800 to the Quadro 4000 is driver locks on all the Quadro-enhancements... if the drivers thinks your GeForce is a Quadro -- you'll get the Quadro features.