Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 09-10-2013 , 02:28 PM

Key Framing Issues

Okay so I'm taking a rigging class and one of my assignments is to create a upper body rig and animate it to juggle. I have created the skeleton, and placed constraints on the joints.

My specific problem is with the key frame. When I try to key frame nothing happens. Like, I'll key frame in 1, click to 4, move the model and then key there... nothing happens. When I key in the frame it seems to be doing it for all of the frames and not just the one no matter where I key it in.

I should also say that there are instances where it will key the frame, but it will only key in frames I have already established, and it will only do it for one joint (i.e. arm, etc). I'm not sure what's going on.

I've had an assignment before where I had no issues with this. Also I'm using maya 2013 if that helps.

# 2 09-10-2013 , 07:39 PM
you have to select objects, which you want to key. and better not to key just joints. first you have to make control objects, constrain them to the joints, and then animate these control objects.