Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 25-05-2003 , 05:08 PM
Kevin

Back Home

Hi all,

Got back in today from the holidays...sorry for any mails that I missed, I think dave done his best to answer all that he could for me.

Any ways, I had a great time, kiddy loved it... meet spider man and done me "web pose" at universal, went to miami, down to the keys, everglades, clearwater ..then back to orlando where I stayed on universal blvd for a few days.

Was great... the americans made us feel very welcome (might of been the 15% tip they was after though) user added image

Any ways... I will be honest and tell you that its NOT good to be back at all but back I am ... give me a couple of days to get back into it and all will be ok.

# 2 25-05-2003 , 05:56 PM
Hey, glad you had fun hang'en out in my country. Mabey some day I'll get out of here and see the world for a bit. Heck, seeing more of my country would be good. Welcome back. (And welcome to US since i missed your arival)

PS: 8% tips are good enough.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 3 25-05-2003 , 06:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
Welcome back mate o btw i turned your mail on again sorry forgot to bring it back after the server came back up.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 25-05-2003 , 08:10 PM
LOL! uh ohuser added image

Welcome back Kev!

When ya get a chance, talk to Dave about Paul from VFXTALK.com, as they are a new site focusing on Compositing, and wanna know if there is some sort of "non-official" partnership that we might be able to do with them in the future.

Not a rush thing at all, as they only have less than 400 members at the moment, but they are sonsored by Discreet, so it might be worth looking into?
He's already linked us up on his site, and I put his link in our Misc. links areauser added image

He's a great guy, and his mods and members are all primarily pro's.

Just an fyiuser added image

OH!, btw, I've been asked to speak on behalf of SM at the Minnesota A|W Maya users group meeting in August at the St. Paul Science Museum here in MN, so I was wondering if between now and then I could bugger ya about any details I should, and should NOT say?

Just wonderinguser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 25-05-2003 , 09:11 PM
Welcome back boss.
I´ll be talking to ya later in ICQ.

# 6 26-05-2003 , 03:48 AM
SM Tea Boy

Re: Back Home

Originally posted by Kevin
I will be honest and tell you that its NOT good to be back at all but back I am ...

m8 ill cheer you up over a pint o piss warm expensive beer in our traditional "what the **** you looking at dickhead" friendly welcoming local pub.

If your especially good, afterwards ill take you down the local taxi rank and see if we cant get your head smashed in with a brick, that’s if I can clime over the burned out cars to get to the pub in the first place.

Welcome back mate, misery LOVES company, nice to have you home.

Daivd :p

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 7 26-05-2003 , 04:49 AM
Nice one Rage.

I suggest you go with the whole vfxtalk.com thing. Connections are good. When i get my Armitrx forum up and going, mabey ill look for the same thing.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 8 27-05-2003 , 01:28 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by ragecgi

OH!, btw, I've been asked to speak on behalf of SM at the Minnesota A|W Maya users group meeting in August at the St. Paul Science Museum here in MN, so I was wondering if between now and then I could bugger ya about any details I should, and should NOT say?

Just wonderinguser added image

sure you can mate, what details you need to know mate

# 9 27-05-2003 , 01:52 PM
wb Kev and lol @ Dave user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 10 27-05-2003 , 02:03 PM
hehe, anything, and everything you can, as they want me to speak for 20 minutes!

Maybe I should tell them a small bio about each of the video guys, and mods, then talk about how you and Dave plan to RULE THE WORLD! hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 11 27-05-2003 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
WB Kev, good to have you back mate. Lot's o' things been going on. You missed the simply maya soap opera on the sm chat. (Those who been there recently know what I mean user added image )

Also, put in my 2weeks notice, I'll tell you about that later though.

Glad you had fun, but now back to work.. hehe.

God Bless,
George

God Bless you and 3D